A skateboard rail is a piece of metal or wood that is placed across the width of a skateboard deck. Rails are used to perform tricks and provide stability when riding. They are also used to protect the board from wear and tear.
Most rails are made of metal, but some are made of wood. Metal rails are more durable and provide a smoother ride. Wood rails are less likely to break, but they can be more difficult to control.
Rails come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors. The most common size is 8 feet (2.4 meters) long. However, shorter and longer rails are also available. Rails can be straight or curved. Some rails have special features such as grind plates or raised lips.
Rails can be mounted on the deck in a number of ways. The most common method is to screw them into the deck using special hardware that is included with the rail. Alternatively, rails can be bolted or welded onto the deck.
Riding a skateboard with rails is generally safe, but there is always a risk of injury. Be sure to wear proper safety gear, such as a helmet, elbow pads, and knee pads, when using rails.
Now that you know all about skateboard rails, go out and find the perfect one for your deck! With so many to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect rail to help you perform all sorts of tricks. Just be sure to ride safely!
Types of skateboard rail
When it comes to skateboard rails, there are a few different types that you might come across. Here is a quick rundown of some of the most popular options:
1. Standard skateboard Rails: These are the most basic and common types of skateboard rail. They are typically made from metal or plastic, and they offer a simple, straightforward way to perform tricks.
2. Box skateboard Rails: As the name suggests, box rails are designed in the shape of a box. This allows for a variety of different tricks to be performed on them, and they are often used in competitions.
3. Hubba skateboard Rails: Hubba rails are named after the street skateboarding move “Hubbas”. They are usually made from metal or concrete, and they offer a smooth surface for performing tricks.
4. Funbox skateboard Rails: Funbox rails are designed for, you guessed it, fun! They are often brightly colored and feature a variety of different textures. They are perfect for practicing your street skating skills.
5. Pipeline skateboard Rails: Pipeline rails get their name from their similarity to the half-pipes found in skateparks. They provide a challenging surface for experienced skaters to show off their skills.
No matter what type of skateboarding you enjoy, there is sure to be a rail that is perfect for you. So get out there and start shredding!
Tips to buy skateboard rail
So you want to buy a skateboard rail, but you’re not sure where to start? Here are a few tips to help you get the best rail for your money:
1. Decide what type of skateboarding you want to do. Are you looking to do street skating, or do you want to hit the half-pipe? The type of skating you want to do will determine the type of rail you need. Street skaters typically need a shorter and steeper rail, while half-pipe skaters need a longer and more mellow rail.
2. Consider your budget. Skateboard rails can range in price from around $20 to $200. If you’re just starting out, it’s probably best to go with a cheaper rail. As you get more experienced, you can upgrade to a more expensive rail.
3. Ask your local skate shop for recommendations. The staff at your local skate shop can help you find the best rail for your needs and budget.
4. Read online reviews. There are many websites that allow users to post reviews of skateboard products. Reading reviews from other skaters can help you narrow down your choices and find the best rail for your money.
5. Go to a skatepark and try out different rails. If possible, visit a skatepark and try out different rails before you buy one. This will give you a chance to see how each rail feels and performs before you commit to a purchase.
Following these tips should help you find the best skateboard rail for your needs and budget. Happy skating!